Jack and Debbie Starr of Defiance celebrated their upcoming 26th wedding anniversary with a 14-night cruise on the Rhapsody of the Seas. During the cruise, they had their wedding vows blessed and renewed by Father Arun Paul of Toronto, Ont. Sailing from Tampa, Fla., they visited Key West, La Palma and Tenerife in the Canary Islands, Malaga and Barcelona, Spain, where they saw the Rock of Gibraltar. The Starrs then traveled to Rome where they stayed six days. Here the couple is pictured with The Crescent-News in front of Trevi Fountain. While in Rome, they went to the Papal audience, toured St. Peter’s Basilica, the Sistine Chapel and the Colosseum. They then traveled to London before boarding the Queen Mary 2 on a seven-night cruise to New York City.
- Petting zoo makes debut at Defiance County Fair
- Redistricting, SROs discussed by by Paulding school board
- Tuesday Night VB
- Fulton County grand jury indicts 20
- NSCC president to chair 2019 Black Swamp Walk to End Alzheimer's
- Defiance Boys Golf
- Area police reports 8-21-19
- Quest continues for downtown historic status
Find a local business
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.