Rich and Pam Reid of Defiance recently returned from a Viking river cruise to five eastern European countries. They followed the Danube, starting in Romania and visited Bulgaria, Serbia, Croatia and Hungary. In each country they had a chance to talk to locals about what life was like under Communism, the difficult times that followed the opening of the Iron Curtain, and the hope that they see today. Pam was especially excited to experience an evening touring Budapest, Hungary, in two Trabants — cars produced in the former East Germany, one in 1963 and the other in 1989. The Crescent-News accompanied the Reids on the ride.
- Wells is named Northeastern superintendent
- Tent revival returning to St. Paul Lutheran Church in Defiance
- Lima woman pleads guilty to involuntary manslaughter
- State ACME preview: Another round for Bryan, Archbold
- Man injured in ATV theft put on community control
- Pollinator garden
- Sheriff has entered not guilty pleas to charges
- Celebrating wildlife: A look at the eastern small-footed bat
Find a local business
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.