Stacie Fedderke (left), humane agent and Fort Defiance Humane Society (FDHS) director, and Chris Van Scoder, Crescent-News advertising director, are shown with Sabor, a 10-year-old terrier mix who has been at the shelter for 156 days and is ready for a forever home. Fedderke is holding a check for $2,000 which was presented to FDHS by The Crescent-News from funds raised at The Crescent-News 2018 Recipe Challenge held Nov. 7. FDHS was the charity partner for the event, with its volunteers providing assistance in food service. The shelter also benefited from nearly 1,200 items of pet food and cleaning supplies collected that evening. FDHS is hosting its own Tinsel and Tails fundraiser at the Defiance Eagles Saturday evening, with tickets for the event $125 each. Call 419-658-2298 to purchase tickets.
- Wauseon Finishes 8-2 at Fricker's
- Camino de Santiago pilgrimage a spiritual, emotional experience for Defiance couple
- Boys basketball: Huge first half sparks Defiance victory
- Former Defiance resident ordained a deacon in Catholic Church in Australia
- Hawkey case set for jury trial in March
- Large crowd gathers for Paulding Wreaths Across America ceremony
- Saturday boys basketball: Hicksville wins battle of unbeatens
- Friday boys basketball: Streaks too much for Ayersville
Find a local business
Success! An email has been sent with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.