First Federal Bank and affiliate agency First Insurance Group are challenging their employees for the second year to rack up 500 hours volunteering for home-related causes during June.
In recognition of National Homeownership Month, observed annually in June, the bank and agency aim to make an impact while celebrating homeowners and those taking steps to own a home.
“Our communities are very fortunate to have countless local organizations that help make ownership possible,” said Donald Hileman, chief executive officer of First Federal Bank. “We are honored to offer our employees opportunities to partner with them so that we can work toward building better communities together.”
The bank and agency offer up to eight hours of paid community service to all employees to encourage them to give back through volunteering. In efforts to complete their 500-hour target, employees will be completing beautification projects and helping homeowners with various maintenance projects.
First Federal Bank and First Insurance Group will post videos about popular homeownership topics and updates on the following community projects on their Facebook pages:
• Defiance Dream Center’s First Saturday Serve in Defiance, on June 1.
• Habitat for Humanity Findlay Hancock County in Findlay, on June 4.
• PATH Center in Defiance, on June 5 and 13.
• Allen County Council on Aging and Lima Allen County Neighborhoods in Lima, on June 8.
• Lenawee Department on Aging in Adrian, Mich., on June 13 and 18.
• Toledo Arts Commission in Toledo, dates to be determined.
• Maumee Valley Habitat for Humanity Project Playhouse Build in Defiance, on June 19.
• NeighborLink in Fort Wayne, on June 20.
• Delphos Senior Citizens Inc. in Delphos, date to be determined.
“As a community bank, we have a responsibility to provide smart banking solutions as well as do our part to help the communities where we live and work flourish,” said Hileman. “We will continue to support with capital resources and most importantly our time, and we have our eyes set on breaking the record of 633 hours served during the inaugural initiative last year.”
To follow and track First Federal Bank and First Insurance Group’s progress to 500 hours of community service, visit First-Fed.com/Communities.