PAULDING — Paulding County Hospital has announced that it has received the Auditor of State Award.
This award is presented for excellence in financial reporting in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and compliance with applicable laws for the fiscal year ended 2018. Meaning the community and patients that Paulding County Hospital care for are well-served by effective and accountable financial practices.
Eligible entities that receive the award meet the following criteria of a “clean” audit report.
The entity must file financial reports with the Ohio Auditor of State’s office by the statutory due date, without extension, via the Hinkle System and in accordance with GAAP.
The audit report does not contain any findings for recovery, material citations, material weaknesses, significant deficiencies, uniform guidance (single audit) findings or questioned costs
Paulding County Hospital’s management letter contains no comments related to:
• ethics referrals.
• questioned costs less than the threshold per the uniform guidance.
• lack of timely report submission.
• bank reconciliation issues.
• failure to obtain a timely single audit in accordance with uniform guidance.
• findings for recovery less than $500.
• public meetings or public records issues.
The entity also has no other financial or other concerns.