PETTISVILLE — Pettisville Local Board of Education met Monday, handling numerous personnel matters.
The board accepted the following resignations: Matt Shumaker, school psychologist; and Carl Hamilton, bus driver. Hired were Deana Beck, special education aide; and Victoria Jordan, elementary counselor. The following students were hired for janitorial work: Kayla Wyse, Andrew Hulbert and Josh Horning.
The board authorized the following supplemental positions: varsity girls basketball, Jason Waldvogel; varsity baseball, Paul Bishop; and varsity volleyball, John Horning.
Authorized was payment for coursework, materials, and a one-time $500 stipend for learning sign language for Deana Beck and Mary Sauder.
In other business, the board:
• approved Brian Leppelmeier as custodian of the athletic petty cash account; Debra Graber as custodian of the office petty cash account; and Nathan Fox as custodian of the summer rec petty cash account.
• continued a contract for NWOET educational TV for the coming year, as well as membership in the Northwest Ohio Research Council.
• approved SORSA as the insurance carrier for 2019-20.
• okayed fund-to-fund transfers
• approved the bus driver handbook.
• chose Dr. Anthony Uribes for bus driver physicals.
• updated numerous policies.