HAMLER — During its meeting on Monday, the Patrick Henry Local Board of Education approved several personnel items, while also passing a proclamation to honor some of its spring sports participants.
District officials approved a proclamation honoring state track participants Trista Fintel and Cam Gerbers.
Fintel, as a sophomore, finished third in the state in the shot put with a personal best of 42-2, while Gerbers also competed in Columbus in the shot put.
In other business, the board:
• approved the following change funds for fiscal year 2020: athletic department ($2,500), athletic department junior high ($250), middle school student council ($50), cheerleading ($200), cafeteria ($100), high school ($100), middle school ($100) and elementary ($100).
• approved the following fund transfers: $6,926.30 from tournament account to the general fund; $5,049.20 from the general fund to the high school athletic fund; $1,877.10 from general fund to the middle school athletics fund; $380,887.50 from the general fund to the COPS fund; $146,000 from the PI fund to the general fund; $146,000 from the general fund to the COPS fund.
• employed the following individuals to extracurricular positions: Ben George (assistant football), Brett Ziegler (volunteer golf), Rylee Bower (freshman volleyball), Jill Jolliff (assistant volleyball), Bob George (assistant football), Justin Lederer (freshmen football), Greg Leonard (co-freshmen football), Anthony Stout (co-freshmen football), Ben Schwab (co-assistant varsity football), Leo Zimmer (co-assistant varsity football), Chris Hastedt (junior high football), Neil Pfister (junior high football), Kirk Behrman (junior high football), Terry Stout (junior high football), Jeremiah Camp (volunteer junior high football), Lori Yungmann (junior high volleyball), Tori Butler (junior high volleyball), Danielle Rader (marching band), Zach Plotts (marching band) and Nick Van Voris (marching band).
• employed Carol Spurgeon and Leslie Engle as cafeteria workers at step 0 for a one-year contract.
• approved a contract with NOVA for online course licenses for professional development and instructional services.
• adopted a resolution seeking a waiver from the ODE on requirements to implement a career-technical expansion (CTE) program for students in grades 7-8 for the 2019-20 school year.
• approved a list of bus drivers and substitute bus drivers for the upcoming school year.
• approved a senior portrait and yearbook agreement with Christine Bostelman Photography and Design.
• approved a sports program services agreement with the Henry County Hospital for the 2019-20 school year.
• okayed a beverage contract with the Bottling Group LLC. (Pepsi) beginning July 1 and expiring March 31, 2024.
• approved the student transportation agreement with Nicole Holbrook for the 2019-20 school year.