ARCHBOLD — Several people were hired recently by the Four County Career Center Board of Education.
In personnel matters, the board approved supplemental contracts for Lauren Helberg, Julie Mangas and Morgan Weber as LPDC members for 2019-20; and hired David DeLano as dean of students, effective Aug. 12.
Supplemental contracts were offered to Denton Blue for bus maintenance as needed and Marijene Tomlinson as LPDC secretary; and Jim Rettig, Carol Singer and Kathy Curlis were hired as bus drivers.
An FMLA approval was given for staff members Kristen Boyer and Hannah Glore.
Donations were approved, including: 213 sheets and towels (valued at $1,278) and seven luxury duvets (valued at $350) from the general manager at Hampton Inn in Defiance for training purposes for the hospitality program; $650 from Denise Drenning for the Baumgartner/Bandy Scholarship; $164 from an anonymous donor to Drug Free Clubs of America; $570 from Bryan Rotary Club to the Drug Free Clubs of America; $285 from Hicksville Rotary Club to Drug Free Clubs of America; and $73.23 from Cooper Farms to adult education.
In other business, the board:
• okayed appropriation modifications, then and now certifications and transfers from the general fund.
• approved insurance coverage with Wright Specialty/Markel Corp. through USI Insurance Services National Inc.
• approved temporary appropriations and a resolution for fiscal year 2020.
• okayed 2019-20 adult education employment and hourly rates.
• approved superintendent Tim Meister as the designee in place of the treasurer to sign the treasurer’s contracts, salary notices and other employment documentation.
• okayed the expansion of Community Reinvestment Area #3 for the city of Defiance.