Mickey Schwarzbek (front row second from right), president and chief executive officer of The Sherwood State Bank, and 28 other Ohio community banking representatives were in Washington, D.C., last week as part of the Independent Community Bankers of America 2019 Capital Summit. Attendees advocated reforms to expand economic opportunity in local communities and meet with members of Congress to discuss items such as the Bank Secrecy Act modernization, consistent data security standards, a federal safe harbor for banking legal cannabis-related businesses, and housing-finance reform.
- Cooling centers to open across Defiance County
- Local man acquitted of setting fire to home
- Animal shelter study moving along
- Legion baseball: Bandits start district tourney in style
- One dead in two-vehicle crash
- Crash on Ohio 15
- Area resident Lucky for Life
- Despite city offer, water merger moves ahead
Find a local business
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.