The city of Defiance has declared a snow emergency from 1 a.m. Sunday until further notice.
To facilitate traffic and permit snow removal operations, parking will be prohibited on the following streets from 1-6 a.m. Sunday:
• Jackson Avenue, between First and Fifth streets
• Perry Street, between First and Fifth streets
• Clinton Street, between Fort and Arabella streets
• Wayne Avenue, between Fort and Fifth streets
• First Street, between Wayne Avenue and Jackson Avenue
• Second Street, between Jefferson Avenue and Jackson Avenue
• Third Street, between Jefferson Avenue and Jackson Avenue
• Fourth Street, between Jefferson Avenue and Perry Street
• Fifth Street, between Jefferson Avenue and Jackson Avenue
Any vehicle parked on a designated street after 1 a.m. Sunday shall be removed and impounded at the owner's expense and the owner shall be subject to a fine of $25. The city will reassess the situation and a subsequent parking ban may be called for the removal of the snow.