SEPANG, Malaysia (AP) -- Formula One world champions Sebastian Vettel and Michael Schumacher have backed the decision to go ahead with next month's grand prix in Bahrain despite ongoing political strife and threats against the race.
Mercedes driver Schumacher said Thursday he is "pretty relaxed about going there," adding that "for them it's a very important event, and they just want to make everybody happy."
He said "you will find in other places the possibility to think about similar things, but we don't."
Red Bull's Vettel said if the sport's officials "decide it's safe then we shouldn't worry" and he was "quite confident we'll be all right."
One activist group had written to F1 chief Bernie Ecclestone saying they will target the event. Last year's Bahrain GP was canceled.